Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Track Day - 06.30.10 - Wednesday

Another sunny day for Track Day.

I was hoping to see my Mentor Jodi who sent me a nice email that morning but found out she was stuck at work, however my pace buddy Andrea was there all smiles and brought me some informational runner magazines. Gotta love Andrea :D My other new TNT friend Keli was there too and was dearly missed for the last week because of her family trip to Crater Lake.

Coach Darrell was there and looking rather spry even after finishing his Iron Man Triathalon in Idaho just this last Sunday right at 12 hours....Amazing!!  I also saw Mentor Kat who finished her Seattle Rock and Roll Marathon looking quite good and all smiles.  Coach Darrell and Mentor Kat that show us that these endurance events can be done and done without injury.

I was running a bit late because of traffic and immediately ran my 800 meters while everyone finished a bit earlier and caught up with the rest of the group while they stretched.  We then did some core strengthening exercises on the field which I LOVED!  I have been doing 24 Hour Fitness' bootcamp since November and all the exercises we did minus of course some push ups and weights are what I was used to and good at so that was a strength.  Now for the hard part, the other part of track practice which were these weird exercises called Farklets (sp?).  Essentially Coach Darrell would let us run at 70-80% of our speed around the track for 30 seconds and then he would whistle signaling us to slow down to a jog for 1 minute and this would repeat about 4 times.  After 4 times doing this, we would get to rest for 1 minute walking.  Then repeat all of this 3 more times.  I tell you every time I would hear that whistle, even now if I am in public, I am afraid without warning I might sprint or do a light jog wherever I am and however I am dressed. It's a good exercise and one I think I may have to do on my own as well.  Afterward, which is my favorite part, we did our 800 meter cool down and to stretches.

Lightning Linda shared with us her fundraiser which are these cool TNT magnet ribbons we can stick to our cars for just $10.  I am thinking of getting one, just have to find away to stick it to Sally's window so her paint doesn't get screwed up.  Decisions...decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment