Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Track Day- 06.09.10 - Wednesday

Man oh man it was a hard one. I assumed doing hardcore bootcamp every Tuesday and Thursday would help, but it felt like it didn't. Oh wait, maybe it did help and if I hadn't been conditioned in bootcamp I wouldn't be here to write about this experience.

On a good note, we didn't get rained on even though the weather was very unpredictable from downpours to sunlight every 30 minutes. Coach Darrell had us do 6 x 300m sprints as fast as we can and then tagging our pace partner so they can do their sprints with a one mile cool down. I want to give a special shout out to my pace partner Andrea. She was so encouraging and patient with me....that means a lot! I also wanted to say to everyone that I have a new running hero and her name is Linda or should I say "Lightning Linda". On my second 300m sprint I had a good pace and then to my left I swear I heard the wind just fly by me, only it wasn't the wind it was Lightning Linda. She made it look so easy and all the while yelling my name "Go Mel" for encouragement...now that's a mentor! The only thing she is missing is a giant "S" on her chest and red cape.

I am not going to lie, it was brutal but I know it will all help out in the end when race day comes. I am both excited and scared on what next Wednesday's track day will hold.

No comments:

Post a Comment