Monday, June 7, 2010

Week 5 - Day 12 – 06.07.10 - Monday (7.3 Miles)

That darn monkey is finally off my back and it's name was Brochitis.

It's amazing how much easier things are when you can breathe and boy did I breathe. Everything was working except my darn CardioTrainer kept hiccupping along the way so I had to capture my run today in chunks, but all is not lost, I ran my first ever 7 miles and as Tony the Tiger used to say...."I feel GRRRRRRREAT!"

It was a nice 68-69 degrees today and just perfect for a run along the waterfront. Like always my first mile was painful but once I hit that mark, everything went to auto pilot. Unfortunately there was about 0.7 of my mileage that wasn't captured on the CardioTrainer because it froze so had to restart it once I hit my that first mile. My breathing wasn't labored and my pace seem to quicken. I don't know for sure if the CardioTrainer is accurate because of it freezing up now and then but it was showing my pace in the 9-10 minute mark....what???








I actually ran the entire Waterfront loop twice this time to get my 7 miles and couldn't believe it was easier than I thought. Excited to see what fun and games are awaiting me for this Wednesday's track workout at Sunset High School.

Let the games begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment