Thursday, June 17, 2010

Week 6 - Day 16 - 06.17.10 - Thursday (8.8 Miles)

Vera…




Every time I do the 3 mile waterfront loop close to my downtown office, I have the pleasure of running past a statue of former Portland Mayor Vera Katz. She is there just like me day in and day out, rain or shine smiling at me as I run further and further in my marathon training. It was an actual nice, sunny day in Portland and everyone was out either on their bike, running, or just walking. I felt great and my body felt even better. I can understand what one of my TNT coaches Heidi said weeks ago….”your body will do amazing things” and it has. I know the weeks leading up to this has been grueling and my body has been fighting me up until then with the bronchitis stint and new aches and pains, but finally it’s starting to work in concert with my mind and my mind says…YOU CAN DO IT!!!


Today was no exception and almost hit my 9 mile goal at 8.8 miles. One of these days when I hit my 9 miles, I will get that picture with Vera.


No comments:

Post a Comment