Monday, June 14, 2010

Week 6 - Day 15 - 06.14.10 - Monday (8.51 Miles)

Runners High Unite!!!

I am learning that this running thing is not only a physical but also mental. I set out to run 8 miles today because I had just hit another milestone last week with running 7 miles.  As usual my familliar aches and pains and labored breathing started until I hit Mile 2.5 and then everything just went away and as they say...I hit my stride.  The weather was a perfect 68 degrees and everyone was out and about at the waterfront/boardwalk in downtown.

I started to near Mile 4.0 and still felt great and surprisingly it lasted past Mile 6.0.  It was just two Saturdays ago that I hit 6 miles for the first time in my life and that was such a difficult but rewarding milestone.  I kept telling my self that I can go further today and to keep my pace.  Sure there were several runners that ran past my left several times but it didn't bother me because later on I would past them when they were either tired or done with their run.  I kept going until my body finally surrendered and gave me the white flag.  My eyes couldn't believe what my CardioTrainer had shown that I had hit 8.51 miles nonstop!!!!!





I treated myself to a gyro and some Vitamin Water because I had burned about 1000 calories with this run.  Life is Good!

I want to send a shout out to my high school friend Anne for donating $50 to the cause and also sending in paperwork to her company that will match her donation.  I also want to say thanks to my brother and sister in law Andy and Sara for sending a check for $50 in the mail from Arizona.  I am so very thankful that my fundraising efforts are going as smoothly as my training...thank you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment