Saturday, June 19, 2010

Week 6 - Day 17 - 06.19.10 - Saturday (7.0 Miles)

Today’s TNT group run was a delight. We started our run with a visit from a local chiropractor Dr. Howell at Evelyn Sheffler Park near Beaverton High School. He was very helpful and explained why this run would be at a lower mileage than our previous weeks because of having to let the body rest or repair itself with the increased mileage. He also demonstrated some helpful stretches and gave us some handouts and information about his website and Facebook page.


This is a great picture of out Westside TNT Coach Darrell with Mentor Jodi’s pink Nike jacket, I think it brings out his eyes…don’t you?











During Dr. Howell’s presentation my new running buddy Andrea came by and asked if she could run with me. To be honest I was hesitant at first because I have always seen Andrea in the faster pace group and was concerned I would really slow her down. I shared with her that I may have a slower pace but would never stop and she shared with me that she was ok with it. We ran our first 4 miles together and it was FABULOUS! It’s amazing when you find someone with the same pace and in deep conversation how fast the miles go. She and I found out that we not only attended the same local high school but also work in the same field of health Insurance. I was only going to do my required 5 miles this week but felt so good did 2 more miles with Andrea and a TNT alumni Tina who joined us. Tina shared with Andrea and I her first year of TNT and what to expect and how much weight she had lost. She was such an inspiration to the both of us and because of our deep conversations our 2 miles flew by as well. The only unfortunate thing was my CardioTrainer decided to pause itself in the middle of the 2 mile run so we are missing 0.91 miles of the data. The interesting thing was our pace did quicken after we started to really get into our run and was warmed up.

I can’t wait for next Saturday to run with my new pace buddy Andrea and hopefully Tina. I am so proud of myself to be able to keep up with the faster runners and can still talk too? Is this the same Melody that started this crazy journey 6 weeks ago??? I think not :D

No comments:

Post a Comment