Saturday, June 26, 2010

Week 7 - Day 20 - 06.26.10 - Saturday (11.27 Miles)

Whoa, today was a challenge but also very inspiring.

I started my 9 mile TNT team run with my trusty pace/running buddy Andrea.  We were killing it with a 10 minute or so pace and then we had to STOP.  There was a train that was keeping us from getting to Front Street/Natio Parkway to get back to our starting spot for our 4 minute loop and first aid break. 



After waiting there for about 10 minutes or so, Andrea and I made an executive decision to take a detour instead of stay with the masses and bitch about it.  Thank God, unfortunately that long amount of time being stationary did a number on my body who thought..."All right, we're done running today."  This is where I have to send a big THANK YOU to Andrea because she kept us at our average race pace and was very inspiring to me.  She was very patient and encouraged me to stay my pace because this is why we are all here. 

Here was the internal struggle conversation that was going on in my crazy runner brain:

Devil on my left shoulder:
Mel you ran your 9 miles twice this week, so don't push it and it's ok if you want to stop earlier.

Andrea Angel on my right shoulder:
You can do it girl and remember next week is 10 miles and we don't want to run shorter than 9 today and have to make it up for next Saturday.

Devil on my left shoulder:
Don't listen to your new pace/running buddy.  She doesn't know you like I do and remember you deserve a break today.

Andrea Angel on my right shoulder:
We are almost there and we can do this (said with a smile).

Me to my Devil on my left shoulder:
You know what Devil, every time I listen to you bad things happen and because of you I am carrying an extra 40 pounds or so on my short frame.....so take a hike!

Then we were literally off to the races.  Thanks to my CardioTrainer we were able to modify our run today because that darn train was still coming and blocking our intended run directions.  We both decided to head to Nicolai and get our mileage that way and unfortunately had to run by the McDonalds and smell the grease too.


We finished our 9 miles...........or so we thought.  Both Andrea and I decided to celebrate our accomplishment with a stretch, pics with our loveable Diane, and then some eats at Breken Kitchen. 










We were chowing down on our Sexy Elvis P and B sandwhiches when I discovered on my CardioTrainer that we not only logged in our 9 miles today but we went over and above and actually ran 11.27 miles!!!!!!!! What the????  Andrea was so jazzed and I was grinning from ear to ear with my not so sexy sweat stained Nike shirt on. 




Well then....it's a good day indeed!






 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment