Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Track Day- 06.16.10 - Wednesday

Laffy Taffy Relays….



















Yup it is what is sounds like. I ran my first 100, 200, and 400 meter relay races today with my cool team #3 which included such teammates as Keli and Chelsea.



































I had to start the first leg each time which I felt a lot of pressure to do a good job. We had different kinds of batons to hand off, which our team had a cherry flavored Laffy Taffy. Others had a banana (no joke), and other flavors of Laffy Taffy. There were times I wanted to just throw up and probably looked like I did but now I know what I need to do when doing sprints like this which is to stay focus and have a good steady pace.









Our very own team photographer Diane was there taking photos of us AND running herself, what a woman!
















Coach Darrell gave us some great insights about starting out slow for any race and keeping a good pace. Doing this exercise I learned that all the excitement in the beginning mixed with adrenaline makes you want to bust out of the gates like that race horse but then when you near the end, all the gas you burned earlier is almost empty.













I was also able to meet some new TNT members such as Christy and Jess who were on other teams but I was able to jog with before and after our relays. It’s nice to meet other people who are also doing an endurance event for the first time of their lives and that we are all in this together.














I also want to thank the Rain Gods for taking pity on us again this week and holding off any rain during our track practice!

No comments:

Post a Comment