Saturday, August 28, 2010

Week 16 - Day 46 - 08.28.10 - Saturday (B - 16 miles)

It was hard but I did what I could which was 16 miles today!

I ran the first 12 miles and then my body said if you don't walk the last 4, you are gonna hurt tomorrow.  I didn't want any injuries so I followed what my body was saying.

My sister in law Jill took me back to the New Sante Fe Trail for my run this early AM.  Unfortunately she has been plagued with an injury and ran back to let me know she was going home to rest but would pick me up later. 

Photo of mile 9 on the trail.














Mile marker 34.5 miles which is roughly 12 miles from my starting point near the Air Force Academy.













Luckily my brother bought me a new camelback since the high altitude and the high miles would leave me very thirsty. I noticed a lot of the runners, some military had some kind of camelback for their runs. Boy was I glad that he bought it for me as a gift. I ended up drinking about a gallon of water when it was all said and done. This was a tough run both physically and mentally but I was proud of myself for going as far and long as I could which was roughly 3 hours and 30 minutes with my 16 miles. I will accomplish 18 miles back home on sea level in the next coming weeks with my TNT team.



No comments:

Post a Comment