Thursday, August 5, 2010

Week 13 - Day 37 - 08.05.10 - Thursday (7.0 Miles)

I accidentally overslept this AM so wasn’t able to do my usual hill runs on Terwilliger Blvd. I knew I would pay because that meant that I would need to run in the hot, humid afternoon and boy did I.




I decided to run the Springwater Corridor trail to Oaks Park. On the way there, there was a smart business lady in the middle of the trail with a sign selling ice cream. I smiled at her and said I would definitely buy one if I didn’t have to run back. I then made my way to Oaks Park and noticed a policeman blocking the trail towards Sellwood. I didn’t know what was going on but decided to stick with my plan and turn around and head back knowing that the entire roundtrip of this run would be right at 7 miles. That same ice cream lady was there and smiled at me when I ran by. She said…”you are doing a good job” to which I replied with a smile…” I am trying gal.”

I decided to treat myself to a fruit smoothie at a small coffee shop at the waterfront and man it was worth it. Now I need to head home and enjoy a shower and the rest of the night since I took tomorrow off to get ready for my 20 year class reunion.

No comments:

Post a Comment