Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Track Day - 08.25.10 - Wednesday (B - 2.87 Miles)

Came to the Sunset High School track early for the calendar photo shoot for my running buddy's TNT calendar fundraiser.  Both she and super running Diane said they wanted a photo of me and my car Sally so we posed.

Afterwards it was all business doing some fun relays with the TNT team.  In the end we ran about 2.87 miles which included our warm up and cool down run. One of the exercises we did was an interesting one.  Coach Darrell split us in 2 to 3 groups of 8 and we all had to run for 12 minutes straight in a single file line and the person from the back has to spring to the front of the line.  Eventually Coach Darrell combined all the groups together until there were only two left and we had a race.  I started to lose gas in the end because of course I ended up with the faster group, but felt good when we started cooling down.  One thing I have noticed is my recovery time has gotten quicker.

I am nervous about my pending mile high runs in Colorado Springs with my little brother but also excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment