Friday, August 27, 2010

Week 16 - Day 45 - 08.27.10 - Friday (B - 5.89 miles)





























Can't believe I did it!

I ran for the first time in Colorado at the high altitude roughly at 2,000 meters and boy did I feel it.  It was hard but exhilirating and my little brother Mike was very pleased.  My brother took me for my first run here at the "Sante Fe Region Trail".  The trail runs through the U.S. Air Force Academy to Palmer Lake along an old rail route and is about 17 miles wide. If you want read more about this fabulous trail for a future trip, here is the link...
http://www.trails.com/tcatalog_trail.aspx?trailid=BGR027-219#ixzz0yJOp1PXA


I expected to probably stop somewhere but kept my pace and felt good.  Just took deep breaths and kept looking forward. Ironically the New Sante Fe Trail runs parallel to a major highway and when I was almost to the end I saw a building with the moniker "Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of Colorado".  Even several states away, I am close to the mothership!

Can't wait to try to tackle 18 miles tomorrow with my sister-in-law Jill.

No comments:

Post a Comment