Saturday, August 14, 2010

Week 14 - Day 41 - 08.14.10 - Saturday (12.32 miles)

Today was a tough run for me but glad I finished my required 12 miles.  We had a lot of hills (aka Barnes Road) and it was hot!

We even had an earlier starting time set for 6:30AM, unfortuantely wtih all the announcements and everything else we didn't actually run til 6:45AM.

I decided to take my time and conserve my energy with the heat. I was thankful there were many a lawn with a sprinkler and decided to partake in running through them every chance I got.




















My trusty racing buddy Andrea was close by and was fighting off some leg cramps in this heat. We both finished and took our time stretching.  We reflected on why we are doing this and came to the conclusion that when it's all said in done it's for a noble cause, helping TNT and The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society find a cure.  We know that trying to raise the last part of our fundraising is not going to be easy but those battling this disease have it tougher than we do and this is why wo do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment