Saturday, July 31, 2010

Week 12 - Day 35 - 07.31.10 - Saturday (15 Miles)

First of all I have to proclaim to the world….I RAN 15 MILES!!!!



I woke up this morning with some fear and in trepidation for some strange reason. The weather itself was also ominous with all the clouds and colder temps but later in my run I was thankful the sun was at bay.

Before our ran, I was given a chance to talk about my upcoming Karaoke and Potluck fundraiser for TNT set for 9/18/2010. There were some smiles in the crowd so it sounds like some possible interest.













Then it was the run. I pretty much stayed with my pace buddy Andrea the first leg of the miles which was about 7 miles. When we left for the second leg, I kept my pace to my marathon pace of between 10-11 minutes and glad I did. I felt great…amazingly! I also didn’t hurt anywhere and just kept trucking along. Prior to the run they advised we would be running past Costco where Diane would be manning the aid station. I literally thought we would be running past the Hillsboro Costco, which is a ways away, not the Jenkins Costco near Nike. Let me tell you that Costco and Diane were a sight for sore eyes when I immediately realized it was THAT Coscto instead. Here is a photo of my TNT buddies stopping at that Coscto aid station thanks to our team photog Diane:












I made my way back on Jenkins and took my right on 185th where I was met with mentor Tyler. It was awesome to feel good physically and to hold a conversation with Mentor Tyler. We then took our final right on Cornell to head back to the starting point at Sunset High School to be met with a cheering TNT crowd. Coach Darrell was the first to greet me on the sidewalk and asked how I was feeling. I shared that I felt great because I listened to his advice of staying with my race pace and could probably run another two miles, although I wasn’t going to, however I wanted to share how strong I was feeling at the end of my run.























Can’t wait to see how running 16 miles will be this coming Saturday. My body amazes me every week and today was no exception :D


No comments:

Post a Comment