Saturday, July 3, 2010

Week 8 - Day 23 - 07.03.10 - Saturday (8.1 Miles with hills)

“Two steps forward, two steps back.” That Paula Abdul song was running in my head for today’s run along with the site of the cartoon character dancing with her. I can’t believe that was 20 years ago and that I still have the cassette tape to it but no device to play it on. You can start to see the theme of my Saturday group run.













My run with my running buddy Andrea started off strong but I made the first mistake in running a marathon….starting off too fast! My CardioTrainer was telling me that I was hovering the 8:00 pace/mile which is way too fast for me and held it there for at least a mile and half and that’s when it took from me the needed energy to finish the rest of the run. I did well on my second leg and finished that respectively until I had to finish the last 4 miles of the run that my calves said keep it minimal. The Hill Gods were relentless and this time won the race but not the battle!







































Ok that’s enough feeling sorry for myself, there was also some new insights that I found out today like really watching my body. I am glad I didn’t push myself after seeing that our fellow TNT teammate Tim had injured himself and found out that was the reason why he was cheering us on today and not running with us. That was a great visual reminder to listen to my body and to push it but not push it to the point of injury.

One of our mentors Diane was on her bike capturing candid shots of our run throughout the day, God bless her. As always, I find myself enjoying getting to know my fellow TNT teammates week after week.

Check out Andrea and my commentary on hills:


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 














 





















































































No comments:

Post a Comment