Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Track Day - 07.14.10 - Wednesday

I have to admit I always dread Wednesdays because of track practice.  The reason being is we never know what Coach Darrell will dish up for us.  I know in the end it will help us with our endurance and speed but it's the not knowing that always scares me.

I am glad I went anyway because the main purpose of tonight's track practice was to find out our comfortable marathon pace.  My pace buddy Andrea and I started slow and in the end felt good and sped up.  I was surprised to hear that when we crossed the finish line our pace turned out to be a respectable 20:35 for two miles so roughly 10:17 a mile. 

From that knowledge we were asked to line up with fastest time one one end and the slowest the other.  Andrea and I were comfortably in the middle and then we were grouped in teams of 4.  We did another relay race and let me tell you this time, I didn't feel like I was going to throw up and felt stronger and faster.  I now am a believer with these track nights...I really am.

Here's a video of Andrea and I finishing track and with our excitement we said our race pace was 10:35 but really it should have been 10:17, details, details.

No comments:

Post a Comment