Saturday, July 24, 2010

Week 11 - Day 32 - 07.24.10 - Saturday (14 Miles)

I am soo glad I decided to call Coach Heidi and Coach Darrell when I arrived at OMSI this morning.  I was there early at 6:30AM and there was no sign of TNT activity.  I mean at least someone is usually there to start setting up a table.

After I got a hold of Coach Darrell, he advised me the meeting spot was actually a couple blocks up from OMSI.

Made it just in time and ready for our 14 mile run today.

I am not going to lie, this one was the hardest one yet.  I stayed consistent with my race pace of 10 minutes or so and only stopped at every other aid station.

The hardest part was when we finished our 11 some miles and ended back at our stopping point under the bridge.  We had to do our 3 some more miles and luckily for me I was able to do it with our fabulous mentor Kat and TNT newbies like me Karissa and Candice.

There were times all three of us wanted to give up but thank goodness Mama Kat was watching her TNT ducklings.  There was one moment we realized after reflection later that we moaned when we saw Kat take a left instead of a right towards the end of our run.  After much exhaustion we all three did it.  Check out our pics of us coming in one at a time and the excitement to see that end!



















We were able to celebrate our newest accomplishment at our TNT teammates fundraiser at the Green Dragon.  Don't we look fabulous?













No comments:

Post a Comment