Saturday, September 25, 2010

Week 20 - Day 56 - 09.25.10 - Saturday (B - 20 miles)

Now I know I can run my first full marathon. This was my second week in a row that I ran my required 20 miles. Last week I was suppose to only run 18 miles but instead didn’t take my required turn and ended up doing the full 21 miles as well. I started running at 6:30AM and officially ended around 11:33AM so about 5 hours.


I started strong with the first 4 miles from Duniway Track to the Waterfront’s Steel Bridge and back. I also was strong running up Pill Hill on Terwilliger to the local High School and back since I have been used to this route with my weekly training runs on my own. Then it all started to crumble on the third leg of my 20 mile run.

I got back at Duniway Track and was cheered as I came in. My TNT family told me I just finished about 13 or so miles and had under 7 miles left to get my 20 miles. I should have asked someone in the crowd if I needed to move on since I unexpectedly did my 21 miles last week but felt kinda good and thought what’s 7 miles anyway? Well it was all uphill towards Washington Park and back and by this time I had no more Body Glide to save the bloody rash under my left arm and my back where my bra hooks were digging in. Thanks to Captain Wendy she was so sweet and stayed by my side even though I knew she was itching to run this final part of the course. My feet and legs were just spent and the only thing I kept in my pea brain was to finish.

We got closer to downtown and did our final turn on 4th where we saw Coach Darrell, Mentors Linda, Loretta, Kat, and Diane coming towards us and cheering us in. It was a sight and sound for sore eyes and ears and believe you me I wanted to start crying but knew the Duniway Track (aka start/finish) line was so near. Here are the pics Mentor Diane took of those last yards and I now know I can do this marathon!



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment