Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Track Day - 09.08.10 - Wednesday (B - 5.0 Miles)


The weird thing was I missed track day, even though I dread it every week. Today was no exception and had no idea what Coach Darrell would give us since it was starting to sprinkle when I arrived to Sunset High School 30 minutes before everyone else. I decided to warm up and run the track. Once I started, I couldn’t stop and ended up running 2 miles for my warm up. During my warm up run, I noticed a stately looking gentleman walking the track with his cute Scotty dog. I’ve seen him and his dog on the track before on our Wednesday track nights and tonight for some reason I really got a good look at him. He seemed familiar to me for some reason, especially with the combination of the dog. I used to live by this sweet family at Rock Creek who had a Scotty dog named Heather. Well Heather decided to have a tryst with one of the local neighbor dogs and became pregnant with our future family dog Chelsea. Chelsea lived until I believe 2003 so that would make her about 15-17 years old. I thought well I will just call out the dad’s name to see if he reacts and boy did he. I called out Mr. Adams and he looked at me puzzled. My hunch was right and he was my former neighbor of some 22-23 years ago. I explained to him what happened to us, updates of Chelsea, parents, and brother. I found out for the first time that his name is Craig Adams and his wife’s name was Joyce. His Scotty dog today was two dogs over from the original Heather. This cute gal was named Tess. I asked about his daughters Amy and I couldn’t remember the young sister’s name. Both are doing fine, with Amy being a doctor in Las Vegas and married with two kids. Youngest daughter living in New Hampshire, married, no children. Wow time flew by and I explained what I was up to and why he saw our team practicing every other weekend. Can’t wait to waive hi again in two weeks.




Coach Darrell announced he would yell out our times after each run around the track to determine our race pace. We had to run for at least 30 minutes and keep track of our pace and how many miles we logged in. After 10 minutes, I wished I would have saved my legs for this because at the end of 30 minutes and some odd seconds my legs were tired. Note to self, don’t over do it during warm up which would have probably given me a faster pace at the home stretch. Either way, I was happy with my results….



Mile 1 00:10:07

Mile 2 00:20:05

Mile 3 00:30:06



The good thing is even when I was tired at the middle to end of Mile 3 (really mile 5) I was still getting faster during each mile. I was soaking wet by the time I left there but all was good with my race pace and total of 5 miles running in the cool rain…LIFE IS GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment