Thursday, May 27, 2010

Week 3 - Day 7 - 05.27.10 - Thursday (3.53 Miles)

Hello Thursday and sorry I am on Cloud 9 right now!

Before I started my run this early morning I was a little bummed. The reason being was that I had to miss my first TNT track workout last night because I was traveling for work and couldn't be in two places at one time. I kept telling myself that I am going to try to run further and do the best I can.

Boy did I. I don't know if it's because I had a good night sleep, running in a beautiful city with the sun rising, or what but I not only ran my 3.53 miles but I did so FASTER!!!

It started out like my usual runs with the dreaded first mile and once that was over and my CardioTrainer saying that I did it less then my usual 11:20 minute average, then I was motivated. If you look at my CardioTrainer GPS map it looks like I was being chased by a psycho killer. I didn't know where I wanted to go but I just kept running. Here are my stats: Ran 3.53 miles in 34:51 minutes with an average pace of 9:51 min/mile. I still can't believe that, I've never ran A MILE under 10 minutes and now I'm psyched and I want to keep doing it.





To top off my high, my President stopped by this morning at the Bellevue office and said that he and my company support my efforts and will donate $500 to this fabulous cause. My very supportive VP and the CFO both mentioned their support of my efforts at the company all staff meeting today. Many kind folks from work stopped by and asked me about why I was doing this and what was TNT.

I still can't believe it's only been three weeks ago when I started this journey and am pleasantly pleased of my progress. I only pray that good health and all this positive energy stays with me throughout my journey.

Thank you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment