Saturday, May 22, 2010

Week 2 - Day 5 - 05.22.10 - Saturday (3.41 Miles)

What a great second week for fundraising and training!

First a quick shout out to two ladies Liz and Jolene who unselfishly donated some much needed money for this cause. Thank you gals!

Now the training. Saturday was our first TNT official Westside group training at the Portland Running Company located on Scholls Ferry Road.



Prior to today's training, I visted the same Portland Running Company yesterday to get my gait/running evaluated and to purchase new shoes and gear. I got the rockstar treatment from both Mike and Lisa at the shop and left there dropping some serious cash but I think much needed gear.

Saturday, 5/22/2010:

I got there bright and early and before the clinic began I met Tina who had done her first marathon with TNT last year and signed up for more. I also met a lovely gal by the name of Diane, whom I found out quickly loves to take photos as much as I do. She asked me to write my name on a dry erase board and took a photo of me for team prosperity.


Before the run we had a shoe clinic presented by the Portland Running Company owner and founder David Harkin. David was both information and funny and shared his secret that he loves running capris too. Here is the quick shot taken by Diane of him modeling his running capris.


Then it was off to the run, not before we did the GO TEAM send off!


Well let me say the bad news is that I got lost and didn't exactly follow the intended trail but thanks to my Droid and the CardioTrainer application I was able to run over and beyond my required 2 miles and then an additional 1 mile after a short break. I did my first 3 miles, actually 3.42miles, granted with my modified trail.

Check out the stats:




After that I met two inspirational ladies by the name of Andrea and Linda and shared experiences today and our excitement to get to the finish line in 5 months.


I ended this eventful day getting to know my mentor Jodi later that night at of course one of my favorite kinds of places a local karaoke bar. Both my husband had a good time watching Jodi and Kat doing some "musical tables" and then headed home for a much needed rest. Week 2 complete, bring it on Week 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment