Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Week 2 - Day 4 - 05.18.10 - Tuesday (2.55 Miles)

My quote for today, “I went for a run and unexpectedly went for a swim instead.”

I have been sick since my last run on Wednesday, 5/12/2010 but was determined to get some running in come Hell or high water and man there was enough of it.

There are two things that you can count on living in Oregon:

First that it RAINS and second…….that it RAINS A LOT!

My workout pants were totally drenched from my run today and as you can assume my underwear underneath it was just as wet…hey at least I wear underwear unlike those young starlets out there who are wanting a cheap magazine cover to grace. My co-workers looked in horror and with some laughter when I came sopping in but I ran…dammit!

Now for the good news because there is so much of it!




• I found this fabulous free application for my Droid while perusing my Entertainment Weekly magazine on Saturday morning.
• The application is free and called “CardioTrainer” and works as not only a pretty fancy pedometer but also maps via GPS my runs, walks, or my skipping for that matter.
• After days being sick I was proud to see that my new CardioTrainer application worked beautifully with my downloaded music on my phone.
• Every 10 minutes or so it would tell me my pace per mile and the distance that I ran.
• I was proud of myself today because I was able to run about 2.55 miles with an average pace of 11:21 min/mile (Average speed: 5.28mph, Max speed: 8.29mph, and Min Speed: 3.11mph)
• Both feats better than my last day of workout before getting this creeping crud.
• What was the cherry on the top of my running cake was heading back to my office, totally drenched when I clicked on the “History” feature of my recent run to show that the GPS tracked via satellite where I ran (see photo above).
• CardioTrainer also has a website that keeps tracks of your run that you can refer back to anytime with the special Access Code they gave me with my free app. TOTAL GENIUS!!!
• They also give you the option to share your running results with friends via Facebook and see how your results with other fellow runners with this app.

I also want to tell my very supportive and loving husband Tim that I love the new $28 pair Thorlo running socks he so unselfishly bought for me this weekend from his favorite store REI. They were very light and of all things were the only things dry from the Northwest liquid sunshine run.

All in all a productive running day for week 2 and hope my next running day won’t be as wet. I tell you what behind every storm cloud there is sunshine and maybe if we are lucky a rainbow. Speaking of rainbows, a horns up shout out to rocker Ronnie James Dio, formerly of Black Sabbath and then Dio, who passed away on Sunday, 5/16/2010. He was a rainbow in the dark indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment