Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Week 1 - Day 3 - 05.12.10 - Wednesday (2 Miles)









OK, note to self: DO NOT EAT SALTY SNACKS HOURS BEFORE RUNNING.
I thought I was being so healthy having some protein from my nuts and instead I kept tasting salt on my lips whilst I was running. That was not a good combination.

Anyway, I digress, I was able to run my two miles today at the 10:54 minutes and 5.5 MPH average, however I was distracted. The distractions was in the form of both my salty lips and this runner on the treadmill before me. He was obviously "in the moment" and was probably running about 6-7 MPH. Every quarter mile he would throw out his right hand with the horns up symbol and then play air drums as if he was the drummer for an '80's hair band like Warrant or Dokken. I guess it doesn't matter because he was definitely hauling arse with a vengance and hey a little Sister Christian cheering you on isn't a bad thing...is it?

I want to give a shout out to my STAR donors! As soon as wrote my fundraiser letter and hit sent yesterday to all of my friends and family about my cause, these four ladies were the first to donate. Thanks again to Georgia, Reine', Liz, and Tracy.

I also want to acknowlege our first Blog follower "kstaylo". We love our supporters and followers.

Rawk on air drummer runner, Rawk on!

No comments:

Post a Comment