Saturday, October 2, 2010

Week 21 - Day 57 - 10.02.10 - Saturday (B - 12 miles)

I am definitely tapering and it felt good to run the entire 12 miles.  I found out immediately when I made it back to the park that I was the ONLY one who ran 12 miles today since most of the other folks were running Portland and had to do 8 miles and my fellow Nike full marathoners were either nursing their injuries or tapering early.

It felt good and kinda weird that just several months ago the thought of running 12 miles terrified me and now it feels like just running 5 miles in my brain.  Next Saturday will be 8 miles and I can't wait.  The only thing that is concerning me with this tapering is losing my comfort or muscle memory with running the longer miles.  I know there is reasoning behind all this and I will trust the reasoning and my coaches.

Now to look forward to our Nike send off next Wednesday, 10/6/10 in downtown.  It will be nice to see my fellow TNT runners all in their normal attire instead of our usual sweaty running garb.

No comments:

Post a Comment